Go 1.14 is released
Today the Go team is very happy to announce the release of Go 1.14. You can get it from the download page.
Some of the highlights include:
- Module support in the
gocommand is now ready for production use. We encourage all users to migrate to
gomodules for dependency management.
- Embedding interfaces with overlapping method sets
- Improved defer performance
- Goroutines are asynchronously preemptible
- The page allocator is more efficient
- Internal timers are more efficient
For the complete list of changes and more information about the improvements above, see the Go 1.14 release notes.
We want to thank everyone who contributed to this release by writing code, filing bugs, providing feedback, and/or testing the beta and release candidate. Your contributions and diligence helped to ensure that Go 1.14 is as stable as possible. That said, if you notice any problems, please file an issue.
We hope you enjoy the new release!